Monday, June 24, 2013

Buying a suit in Bangalore

Recently I decided to buy a suit for business purpose. So I looked out online and offline for the best shops that provide in-expensive ready-made and/or tailor-made suits in Bangalore.

I had my suit made at Reid & Taylor, Brigade Road. The guy at the fabrics counter was very polite and helpful in selecting the right fabric. I chose a 100's grade fabric that was Rs. 1594 per meter. (Note: Always go for a fabric that is >= 100's quality. Starting price per meter ~ Rs. 1300 and above at the time of this writing) I needed 3.25 meters.

TIP: When you select the fabric, ask shop keeper to drape it on you. Also ask him if there is ready-to-wear a suit available with the same fabric and/or pattern. The latter will give you very good idea of the final look than the former.

The tailor took the measurements. Before that he showed me a suit that was made for another customer. I was really impressed with the making. I was told it was an Armani style making. Actually I had made up mind to stitch the suit at Sree Vigneshwara Textiles, 90 Dispensary Road (decent tailor for Rs. 3000). But I changed my mind and chose the Reid & Taylor's tailor after seeing his work. After all stitching matters more than the fabric. A bad tailor might ruin a good fabric not vice versa. So be careful in choosing your tailor. I was asked to come for the 1st Trail some 4 days later. Based on my comments he would make adjustments in the final product it seems. I look forward to it (I will update you once).

Fabric cost was Rs. 5181. Tailor cost was Rs. 3940. So the total cost was Rs. 9121.

Some example terminology in suit:
Type: Slim fit, Notch lapel, 2 buttons, Single breasted
Color & Pattern: Solid Black
Vents: Two
Lining: Tonal black burgundy
Pleat in pant: No pleat
Pockets: Straight bone pockets dropping out, Slanting chest pocket


You can also try Raymond Shops (another famous brand in India) in Koramangala, Commercial Street. I checked their shop at Marathahalli and M.G Road but not upto the mark.

Note:If you need expensive bespoke/custom-made/tailor-made suits, you can try
  1. Google "Lokesh Ahuja"
  2. http://www.pnrao.com/
  3. http://www.syedbawkher.com/
If you need ready made suits, you can try
  1. ShopperStop shops in Bangalore
  2. http://tailorman.com/
  3. http://www.mrbutton.in/
Thanks to the below URLs which helped in finding the right fabric and shop.
http://www.quora.com/India/How-much-would-it-cost-to-get-a-bespoke-suit-in-India
http://www.tripadvisor.com.my/ShowTopic-g297628-i2499-k5324509-Bespoke_Made_to_measure_Suit_tailor-Bangalore_Karnataka.html

Goodluck with your suit ;)

22 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you happy with the Suit? or would you recommend some place else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Suit was great. I would recommend the same place.

      Delete
  3. Next time you could even try the designer store Chola fashion the designer Sanjay just does a fabulous custom made suit .... On time delivery. ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. which store on Brigade Rd ? 54 at Monarch Plaza, or 30/32 Mata Royal Arcade ? thx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like Rs.9121 is a bit too expensive! Recently I had a very important meeting for which I tried ordering from this online brand called SuitLtd. It was too good! Just around Rs.2700, the fit and tailoring were amazing! Here's the link of the product I purchased: http://www.suitlimited.com/collections/suits/products/navy-blue-tailored-fit-suit-st0057

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sameer, We are extremely happy to see our customers satisfied with our collections. And thanks for a great review on this blog. Thank You ! - SUITLTD

      Delete
    2. Is custom made possible with Suit Ltd?

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Blog Thanks for Sharing.We provide Best Custom made suits in Bangalore.
    Custom made suits in Bangalore | http://groomconcepts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for another great article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information. combatant gentlemen suits

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad that I saw this post. It is informative blog for us and we need this type of blog thanks for share this blog, Keep posting such instructional blogs and I am looking forward for your future posts.ชุดสูท

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is really a helpful blog to find some different source to add my knowledge. I came into aware of new professional blog and I am impressed with suggestions of author.
    ชุดสูท

    ReplyDelete
  11. Graceful written content on this blog is really useful for everyone same as I got to know. Difficult to locate relevant and useful informative blog as I found this one to get more knowledge but this is really a nice one.
    ชุดปกติขาว

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fitting plays a major role in making your outfit to look better. This is one of the main reason why many people are now shifting their preference from ready to wear clothes to made to measure clothes online

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the information. The article is very informative. For best custom tailor In Singapore connect Picadilly Tailors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you very much Very Helpful Post !!
    https://www.tomsfashion.com/contact.htm

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a blog site? It is truly a great and useful piece of information.
    maatpak
    maatpakken online

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a blog site? It is truly a great and useful piece of information.
    hemden schneidern
    hemd maßanfertigung

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice Blog Thanks for Sharing. We provide Best Custom made suits in Bangalore.
    custom made suits
    custom made shirts

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank for sharing wonderful information regarding fashion. Help me a lot. Today i learn new thing and try it in future.
    For more click here best suits to buy

    ReplyDelete